NCSU Administrative Resources
Readings about Course Content
- Anson, Chris M., and L. Lee Forsberg. 1990. “Moving Beyond the Academic Community.” Written Communication 7 (2):200–231.
- Communication in the Workplace Report 2013
- Katz, Susan M. 1998. “Learning to Write in Organizations Part I: What Newcomers Learn about Writing on the Job.” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication 41 (2):107–115.
- Paradis, James, David Dobrin, and Richard Miller. 1985. “Writing at Exxon ITD: Notes on the Writing Environment of an R&D Organization.” In Writing in Nonacademic Settings, edited by L. Odell and D. Goswami. New York: Guilford, 281–308.
- Winsor, Dorothy. 1990. “How Companies Affect the Writing of Young Engineers: Two Case Studies.” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication 33 (3):124–129.
Campus Security and Workplace Safety
- NCSU Alcohol Policy
- NCSU Campus Law Enforcement
- NCSU Code of Student Conduct
- NCSU Employee Assistance Program: Coping after a Crisis
- NCSU Drug Policy
- NCSU Policy on Harassment/Hostile Work Environment
- NCSU Policies on Identification and Accessibility
- NCSU Policy on Racial Harassment
- NCSU Policy on Sexual Harassment
- NCSU Student Discipline Procedures
- NCSU Trespassing on Campus
- NCSU Policy on Workplace Violence
- Myths about School Violence (link to MSNBC)
- Threat Assessment Guide (link to FBI)
- What You Should Know about School Violence (link to FBI)